My dad and my sisters and I are sitting around watching Ellen.
So I decided to go with surgical steel today instead of ink.
*Insert obnoxious thumbs up and cheesy smile here.
Especially as a choreographer instead of a dancer.
I love my girls, their passion, and their ability to share. Improv can be terrifying but they were all fearless and free.
I whine soooo much about my neck and back and about my car accident and about how I can’t dance like I used to…blah blah blah, bitch bitch, whine whine.
Well, today I helped (was basically her personal shopper) a customer who was paralyzed from the neck down. Though it was evident that she was frustrated by the fact that she couldn’t take care of herself, she had the most beautiful outlook on almost everything.
It made me realize…I am so lucky. Yes, due to some serious digression in my recovery, the likelihood that I’ll need surgery on my lower back and shoulder is now at about 70% but still, I have little to worry about when it comes to loosing function of my limbs.
I CAN dance. I CAN walk. And I have the ability bitch about my pain…because there is actual physical pain.
I’ve been handling this poorly and I’m very sorry. I’m going to stop bitching. I can’t promise an instant change, but I’ll start trying.
All of my three pieces were accepted.
I’m on fire.
I wish I could spend the rest of my life creating dances for dancers, allowing people to tell stories and convey emotions.
Ok…perhaps I’m getting ahead of myself. Haha.
Oh well, I’m a happy camper tonight.
I definitely don’t do the challenges but I figured I’d start doing random days with questions I could come up with answers for. You know…just for shits and giggles.
1. Make me laugh. Don’t just tell me jokes, tease me, do something ridiculous.
2. Be spontaneous. Adventures and surprises are the best.
3. Appreciate the little things in life and understand that life is way too short.
4. Speak your mind, don’t be afraid to debate with me, and be yourself. I can usually see right though fake interest and enthusiasm and I will call you out on it.
5. Hold me, hold my hand, kiss my cheek, play with my hair—be affectionate and let me be the same to you. Sometimes, if I can’t feel you I tend to feel neglected.
6. Spend time with me, doing lots of little, random, different things. Go on walks with me, join me in a mini people watching extravaganza, take me on a late night coffee run, sit and do homework with me and pretend to listen to me whine. Companionship is so important to me.
7. Just be kind…and don’t ever be an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole. I’m totally fine with whatever your usual character and demeanor is, but if you have an “this person is special in my life so I can be mean just because and she’ll still love me” idea…forget it.
8. Cleanliness! How do I say this…um, having good hygiene is really attractive and being dirty is not.
9. Love my family…or at least try really hard. We’re an interesting bunch but loveable too. No matter who you are, my family will never judge you, will respect you for everything you are, and do their best to love you like family. It’s all about attempting to reciprocate.
10. Be excited for things that excite me. You don’t have to be a dancer or a nerd like me, but when I have a show or get to choreograph a piece, come see it if the opportunity arises. I’d do the same for you, in fact, I do the same for all of the people who are important in my life.
…and people wonder why I don’t go out.
Three cheers for writing papers and studying.
Three cheers for Club PodFive and Club Olin.
I just got an email from my parents that basically said
Instead of spending money to send you an obnoxious care package that you probably won’t like, appreaciate, or need, we’re transfering money into your account so you can relax, grab some coffee off campus, have dinner with friends, see a movie, and grab some drinks on us!
Happy Finals Week!
Love, Mom and Dad.
Now my parents never give me money and I can’t complain because they’re paying for half of my college expenses and in all reality, I like working for my money.
But for this…they’re the best! If I didn’t appreciate their gesture so much and didn’t have to work over break, I’d also use some of the money to get my nose pierced. Haha.
P.S. Did my parents really tell me to try and buy alcohol? Haha. Love them. They know what’s up. haha.
Well…it probably went about as well as it could have considering the circumstances.
Notes to self:
- tape booty shorts to legs to avoid awkward magical booty-shorts-to-undies transitions mid dance
- always fight against black lipstick…no matter who the authority is
Now I’m so wired, so not tired, and everyone on my floor is asleep. Guess I’ll watch some Gilmore Girls and snuggle with my princess blankie in the common room! Wild night….wild night.
Um…totally just received that best compliment ever. Mind blown. Day made.
Thank you, Florida, for recognizing that it is officially December.
It’s cooler today…like…65. Wooooo.
*How sad is it that 65 degree weather excited me?